Future store updates planned (backend)

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
czietz

Re: Future store updates planned (backend)

Post by czietz »

Little side note: The German banking Bafin regulator announced a few days ago that they will allow German stores to accept credit card payments for online payments without strong customer authentication (SCA) even after September 14th and until further notice. It seems that many (particularly small and medium sized) online shops complained that the required changes were substantial and confusing and that they didn't have enough time to implement them. Sounds just like the situation you are in...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

czietz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 am Little side note: The German banking Bafin regulator announced a few days ago that they will allow German stores to accept credit card payments for online payments without strong customer authentication (SCA) even after September 14th and until further notice. It seems that many (particularly small and medium sized) online shops complained that the required changes were substantial and confusing and that they didn't have enough time to implement them. Sounds just like the situation you are in...
Thanks. Yeah, Its not even setup fully with the payment processors yet, so what chance does anyone have to set up everything. I suspect some card issuers will continue to accept them for now. Though it's supposed to be mandatory next year from what I have read.

I have been wondering what will happen to all the other online shops who can't cope with the changes needed. A lot of them could be killed off overnight. A lot will use "drop in" checkout systems, and if they don't make the changes, a lot of shops will fail. It looks like 3DS caused a lot of issues several years ago going by posts I have read. I think people just didn't bother with it at all to get around the issues.

I'm just trying to sort all this out sooner, rather than later. Its a total PITA to move from Stripe to Sage, but at least I can follow how Sage system is supposed to work and do the coding for it a lot easier than with Stripe. Though learning how a new system works and re-coding huge chunks of my store is very time consuming :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Knew I seen it somewhere...

https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/12/36 ... -explained

What will happen after 14th September 2019?

European issuers are likely to start declining electronic payment transactions that have no authentication in place. The current 3D Secure implementation [3DSv1] will continue to be supported until end of 2020 (at which time 3DSv2 becomes mandatory worldwide).

I have V1 working so far, just trying to figure out V2 :roll:

I can understand EU wanting to reduce fraud etc, but I don't think they have any clue on the implications to what they have done and the costs to businesses. Its costing me already as I am having to spend time on coding and not building up stock, so lost sales already.

At least I can muddle through the coding ,but for most business who will have to employ someone to re-vamp the system.. If I had to pay someone to make me a new webstore, I would just say forget the whole thing and and I just wouldn't bother. The costs involved to profits just wouldn't be worth while. I think there are a lot of small shops out there who will go bust because of all this.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
DrF

Post by DrF »

exxos wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:34 am The costs involved to profits just wouldn't be worth while. I think there are a lot of small shops out there who will go bust because of all this.
Think you right there, just been looking at online processors for my webstore... what a mess... nothing's clear, its like they hide the fees or something?
They all a tad on the high side too, they all seem to want you to integrate the things to your cart, thats money for say the local pet shop, its 2019 where's the 1 click install at?

I found a STRIPE plugin for my cart... it had pages of people ranting about errors and no answers to none of them, not a good look that.

NiNJA Edit :p : Just tried to add 2CheckOut to my site, and ended up on phone being told to verify documents and get this the case of the letters needs to the be exact as you signed up, so more messing about and work, because everyone has different formats :lol: no one's going to go for this crap, its no wonder PayPal was able to swop in and take other and then turn evil and screw about but meh :lol:
czietz

Post by czietz »

Although the cynical in me wonders how much of it is needlessly complicated because payment processors are just using the PSD2 as a pretext to nudge you into more expensive contracts.

A slightly off-topic example: A German bank announced that they would discontinue a certain functionality because it was supposedly not allowed by PSD2, anymore. As furious customers soon found out, this was a lie. PSD2 says nothing about that functionality. The bank merely wanted to cut costs / force their customers to use something else, using the EU as a convenient scapegoat -- like it's done so often.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DrF wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:15 pm Think you right there, just been looking at online processors for my webstore... what a mess... nothing's clear, its like they hide the fees or something?
They all a tad on the high side too, they all seem to want you to integrate the things to your cart, thats money for say the local pet shop, its 2019 where's the 1 click install at?
I don't think there every will be a 1 click install :(. With the mess of Sage and Worldpay, plus bank stuff, there are to many companies involved :(

You may find auto installers for shops, but you still get all the backbone setup stuff yourself. Plus when it breaks, the developers either haven't any idea, or not interested in fixing it.

DrF wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:15 pm I found a STRIPE plugin for my cart... it had pages of people ranting about errors and no answers to none of them, not a good look that.
Stripe is just to complicated. The "fix" for my store was basically a hack, it wouldn't work reliable for me. They force me to re-write my whole code again to keep my store running as it is now.

I just went with Sage instead as I only have to deal with PHP code, I don't have to tangle up Stripes mess of JS stuff as well. Plus my whole front end of my store is "free" from any payment system now. So I could replace the whole backend without having to change anything on the front end side.

czietz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:57 pm The bank merely wanted to cut costs / force their customers to use something else, using the EU as a convenient scapegoat -- like it's done so often.
Indeed. Similar here, Company profits are low.. because of brexit... companies have to put prices up.. because of brexit... we had to cut 8,000 jobs because of brexit.. Job are always being lost, prices are always going up. Its just a excuse. They are just trying to get government handouts, money for nothing, because of brexit. Oddly the FTSE100 index is higher now than its ever been. So that tells a different story.

If large companies can't adapt to current economic times, then they don't deserve to keep trading IMHO. Likely their board of directors made dumb choices long before brexit and made profits fall, anyone and everything's fault but their own. Not saying brexit will have zero impact, there will be a huge economic shift happening somewhere along the line for sure.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

So the 3DSV2 doesn't look to be working how I thought it would work. Seems to use V2 its a total re-write of how the whole thing works. Just that is V2 fails, it falls back to V1. I thought Sage would report if the transaction needed V1 or V2 3DS, but nope, it could not be that simple.

So basically all the coding I did has been a total waste of time and in fact the examples on Sage are actually rather out of date. In fact, the whole new system is only listed in a huge draft PDF.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

EDIT:

V3 protocol looks even more complicated than the V1 protocol which I had been coding for. I can see businesses having massive issues in implementing all this.

Gotta work out AES(block size 128-bit) in CBC mode with PKCS#5 padding , whatever that means :roll:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Not having much luck so far. Had to figure out how to does AES crypt stuff first :roll: Eventually ripped the Sage code to do that.. but now had a error and no idea why :(

1.jpg
1.jpg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 5402 times

EDIT:

Ah, so CURL isn't used now then and its a fully submit form, FFS, why cant anything be consistent with this stuff...

anyway... progress..

2.jpg
2.jpg (45.83 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

wow :WTF:

Version 3 went from start to end with like hardly any code involved, it did all the 3d secure on sage site as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

This looks to be the type of system I wanted to setup in the first place!! I mean start on my server, goto payment page, back to my server, done!

Now is all this to good to be true...

EDIT:

Got all the info back from Sage's server, so thats like ... it... :shock: Just have to merge my store into the system which will take some time, but its all simple stuff from now on :smoke:
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Congrats :cheer: :yay2: :cheer: finally ;)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”