Amiga to Amiga networking over tcp/ip

The place to upload all essential Amiga software.

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

utri007

Re: Amiga to Amiga networking over tcp/ip

Post by utri007 »

This should work out of the box with Genesis and maybe AmiTCP as Genesis is just a GUI for it.

I think that it could be tinkered to work with Roadshow, as it is just a backport of OS4 tcp stack. I think that I used this http://aminet.net/package/comm/net/NetFS but there is now also this http://aminet.net/package/comm/net/NetFS-revised

I have Roadshow licenses, but I decided to revert back to Genesis, mostly because of nice GUI.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

utri007 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:52 pm This should work out of the box with Genesis and maybe AmiTCP as Genesis is just a GUI for it.

I think that it could be tinkered to work with Roadshow, as it is just a backport of OS4 tcp stack. I think that I used this http://aminet.net/package/comm/net/NetFS but there is now also this http://aminet.net/package/comm/net/NetFS-revised

I have Roadshow licenses, but I decided to revert back to Genesis, mostly because of nice GUI.
I use Roadshow for the same reason... because the others have a GUI. I dont see why a TCP/IP stack needs one.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
matt020

Post by matt020 »

I continue to get "unknown error code" and I am using Genesis on both Amiga's. I suspect something would have to be running and listening on the other Amiga?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

matt020 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 am I continue to get "unknown error code" and I am using Genesis on both Amiga's. I suspect something would have to be running and listening on the other Amiga?
Appears that that genesis sets up NetFS. If you are using an ESP module you may need to find out what port that runs on and setup the portmap in the esp router
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
matt020

Post by matt020 »

I got it working. I'm using Genesis.

The video in the posts above helped, as it showed that the "Access" must be set to allow any IP to access the Amiga.

But you also have to enable AmigaNetFS in the "Services" tab, there is a tick box that needs to be selected.

Then, it just worked using the NetMount command.

So, yes, there has to be a service running on the Amiga hosting the drives. My CD32 with ESP8266 is able to mount drives from other Amigas in the house, but I cant map the CD32's drives and this is because I need to set the PORTMAP setting as Stephen suggested on a previous post. To do that, the port number is needed....
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Sweet. Nice work.
———
matt020

Post by matt020 »

A quick bit of Google work, it appears Netfs uses TCP port 2500.
I will test this on the CD32 over the next day or two in between work.
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Confirmed. Amiga Netfs does indeed use port 2500.

I now have CD32 drives mapped on my A4000 (as CD32work: and CD32whdload:), I can view them in shell, DirOpus, no problems.

Looks like Netfs is available on Aminet. Genesis simply launches "netfs-server" in the background when it establishes a connection.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Execellent Matt , CD32 networked in 2020, who`d have thunk it :D
Amifun

Post by Amifun »

Hello

Sorry for using this old thread, though perhaps you might shed some lights how to get online, hardware/software side?
As I just got my cdf32 alive again and am awaiting my tf330:)

thanks

Kai, Norway

Return to “AMIGA SOFTWARE”