General hardware issues and troubleshooting etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: CPU speeds... and why Amiga will never "come back"

Post by terriblefire »

Chain-Q wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Well, that is true, and yes, I'm kinda sour in retrospect, because I let myself talked out of an idea (which I'm sure I wasn't to the first one to come up with, btw) that ended up changing the Amiga landscape several years later. However, from my perspective, it wasn't "no one was doing it for me", it was "I couldn't find partners for it". As I said, I was willing to do the software. There was also money involved/offered. Not a lot, admittedly, but it wasn't at all like "be my hardware slave do my stuff for free so I can be famous pls kthxbye" which you were implying.
It doesnt work this way. If you want to do something you need to be able to do it all. I''ve been a professional software engineer for 20+ years and before that I taught electronics & electrical engineering at a University. You pretty much have to be able to do it all in a hobby space or it most likely not going to work. There are exceptions but they are rare.

That doesnt mean you have to be perfect and amazing at everything. You really dont. And one of my biggest annoyances is when people in hobby spaces want to rant about "best practice" and "doing it right". If it works i dont care. Life is too short to do everything perfect.

And TBH nobody knew where the FPGA tech was going in 2014. I thought it would keep getting faster to chase the Bitcoin mining that was going on. The sudden jump to ASICs in that space was a surprise to me. After 2014 i bailed from FPGA stuff because i didnt see much future in it and i wasnt enjoying it much anymore.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “AMIGA HARDWARE HELP”