Questions concerning TF534 in Atari ST

Other boosters or variants.
Badwolf

Re: Questions concerning TF534 in Atari ST

Post by Badwolf »

exxos wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:21 pm
agranlund wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:51 am A software FPU emulator would be nice. Doesn't even have to be fast,
Wasn't there some discussion about just that a while back ? Can anyone remember ? I thought there was a FPU emulator which someone was trying out at some point "recently" :shrug:
There was a recent development over on Atari-Forum where Arne uploaded an FPU-coprocessor emulator for the FPU-memory mapped Mega STE, I think.

I wonder if that work could potentially be modified to provide soft-emulation instead of hardware translation?

BW

Edit: Here's the link: https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 01#p417401

If only we knew someone a dab hand with a bit of assembly, eh, @agranlund?
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
agranlund

Re: Questions concerning TF534 in Atari ST

Post by agranlund »

Badwolf wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:47 pm
exxos wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:21 pm
Wasn't there some discussion about just that a while back ? Can anyone remember ? I thought there was a FPU emulator which someone was trying out at some point "recently" :shrug:
There was a recent development over on Atari-Forum where Arne uploaded an FPU-coprocessor emulator for the FPU-memory mapped Mega STE, I think.

I wonder if that work could potentially be modified to provide soft-emulation instead of hardware translation?

BW

Edit: Here's the link: https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 01#p417401

If only we knew someone a dab hand with a bit of assembly, eh, @agranlund?
@Badwolf I had a go trying to hack the fpu emulator from Linux68k some week or so ago but it turns out my attention span isn't very long so nothing really came out of it :lol:

fpemu.png
fpemu.png (512.71 KiB) Viewed 895 times

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”