TF2040 Design Complete

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Danoo

Re: TF2040 Design Complete

Post by Danoo »

Another excellent TF card for the collection :thumbup: :D , wishing you a speedy covid recovery.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Danoo wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:21 am Another excellent TF card for the collection :thumbup: :D , wishing you a speedy covid recovery.
Thanks. Getting a bit of a sense of humour failure over it now. Day 11 tested +ve.

Honestly this card was just something to do while confined to quarters.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
gdonner

Post by gdonner »

Oy vey; "The Covid card" :-| My hat is off to you for being so productive in such conditions..!

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, and sincere thanks for your work with this brand new one!

Honesty, if I could give awards to people in the Amiga community who have contributed significantly, you'd be at the top.
Timtheloon

Post by Timtheloon »

Just typical after I not long bought a tekmagic 2060, but I do have another A2K which would like this upgrade :lol:

Amazing work as always.
Lukya

Post by Lukya »

You star!!

I have a dead Blizzard 2060 with NO HOPE of repair (Mach chips). I've been praying for something like this. Stephen - I hope you feel much better (I've had it 3 times now) - but thank you SOOOOOO MUCH.

Cheers

Luke
btp

Post by btp »

Seems like another hit terriblefire card coming into Amiga-land! Amazing work once again Mr. Leary!

My best wishes for a quick recovery
AndreaM

Post by AndreaM »

That almost makes me want to buy an A2000. :)

Hope that the plague leaves you alone soon.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten
drwhy

Post by drwhy »

... uuuuhh ... sounds interesting ! Nice work !!!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

So i read on one of my favourite forums that this announcement is just to get FAME... :/ Could be a google translate issue i guess but one or two of the gentlemen there seem to have serious mental issues.

I really don't care about fame and anyone who accuses me of this is revealing more about their own character than they realise.

Simple question.. do the regular forum users want to know what i'm up to? I'm happy to keep stuff dark if the answer is no. It makes no difference to me.

For me this whole project was about trying to help amiga people enjoy their machines whilst allowing me to enjoy myself creatively. A bit like buying an ice cream for a kid thats asking for one. But when the kid has a tantrum because you didnt order the right one I dont feel like i want to buy them another one.

For the record the 040 and 060 are not pin compatible. 040 has BCLK and 060 does not. 060 has CLKEN and 040 does not. 060 has startup requirements that the 040 does not. This card caters for all these differences.

This specific card was something i whipped up in a couple of days because i was bored. Yet the people who make these accusations couldnt produce anything in years of trying. Its so obvious why they attack people who can actually do stuff.

EDIT: Also the TF1230 stuff... meh... its a card i dont care about. But it means i'll never give out the eagle files again for a board. Being told there is too much space between the components is hilarious and demonstrates a fundamental lack of any kind of electronics knowledge.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
AndreaM

Post by AndreaM »

Those who can, do. Those who can't whinge about those who can.

Except for those of us who know we can't and just appreciate those not only can but share it with the rest of us. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten

Return to “TF360”