TF2040 Design Complete

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF2040 Design Complete

Post by terriblefire »

Danoo wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:52 pm :lol: was editing the post to change the tone, but ... it already had been quoted :oops:

Too slow. :lol:

They continue to be butthurt. Claiming i asked my wife about the design. Lol. very pathetic.

This isnt supposed to be the best card in history. Its meant to be a cheap option to use up 040 CPUs on a machine that seems like a logical fit for them. With an option for an 060 if you really love an 060 in your A2000.

Maybe i'm wrong but i've had a lot of people ask for this card. But as you all know i've got it wrong every time i've designed a card until now and the guys making personal attacks against me have developed so many successful cards that dominate the matket place i guess there is no point in me bothering. They are clearly the ones with all the answers :lol:

In many ways they remind me of Amber Heard. Always got to be the victim even when nothing has happened.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:20 am In many ways they remind me of Amber Heard. Always got to be the victim even when nothing has happened.
:dualthumbup:
alexh

Post by alexh »

Nice work. 68060's are so expensive and hard to find these days.

A long time ago (20 years?) I discussed over on EAB the "best" 040 to buy being the MC68040RCxx with mask L88M. This is the last revision of the 040 and compared to the first revision XC68040RC25 with mask D43B which you can burn your finger @25MHz the L88M runs cool to touch at 25MHz.

You used to be able to source L88M 040s, they were not expensive, but the prices started rising after I posted and some people in recent years have started to say they bought ones which were fakes. (Remarked XC68040RC25s). So beware if you're trying to buy L88M masked 040s as there are fakes around.

It might even be advantageous to go for parts with K63H mask, they don't like to be clocked as high (so fewer 40MHz parts) but they are the same geometry so much cooler.

I fear that me discussing them as "the best" has create a market that might otherwise not have existed :(
Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I guess it comes down to this.....

I make stuff. I've spent 6+ years doing this now. There is a particular class of person that, if they could get away with it, would take the work i've done change one thing... remove my name and claim it was all theirs because i was so stupid not to see that X needed fixed. Or they decide to invent a problem like components being too far apart (because we want to add cross-talk noise right :lol: )

The hate that comes from frankly a handful of individuals these days (its not everyone on that forum, i know its about about three forums with about three idiots on each one and one deranged Archimedes fanatic that has been banned from every retro forum out there) is all centered around the fact that i'm preventing them from stealing my work with how i'm approaching things now.

I dont want my work modified because the pattern of such a thing is Modify, Take Credit, Run and then leave me supporting it. Having to have a discussion with an angry new user about why i wont help them because its someone else's card is tiresome. Often results in demands, questioning of my parents marital status at my birth and threats that i'm breaking the law by not helping them. It grinds you down.

There is of course things that need fixed everywhere but the 060 eagle files and rtl files will never be released. If you want to do an 060 card then you need to start from scratch and take all the pain i did. Hours and hours looking at logic analyser traces.

Every time someone hates on my work i know that is entirely jealousy now. But I've tried to find a way to let the community enjoy this stuff without these parasites ruining it for everyone.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Lukya

Post by Lukya »

Stephen, do you need a decent A2000 mobo to test your designs on? I could help with a small donation if you would like.

Cheers

Luke
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Lukya wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:14 pm Stephen, do you need a decent A2000 mobo to test your designs on? I could help with a small donation if you would like.
Thank! I've got an A2000 mobo that i used for the TF536. So i think i'm good. I could probably do with finding a case at some point to contain all this stuff.
———
Lukya

Post by Lukya »

I'll see what I can find!
Glen M

Post by Glen M »

Just a quick message to say thanks for all your continued hard work. I'm super excited for this card and the timing is almost perfect as I hopefully will soon be putting together an EATX2000 board.

I have parts for a 1260 that I just haven't had time to put together yet (plus I don't have the 060) but if by chance this card will be using the same CPLDs I might just wait and use them for this.
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

I have to chip in and pay my respects to someone who can design a Amiga 2000 040/060 card whilst they're ill with COVID. Unbelievable! :lol:

Hope you feel better soon.

AND (IIRC) you don't like 040s very much either, do you?

I don't suppose you have any idea if this would work on the Checkmate 1500 Rob Cranley designed A500>ZorroII adapter (single slot, no autoconfig):

getfilefromDB.jpg
getfilefromDB.jpg (175.47 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:56 am AND (IIRC) you don't like 040s very much either, do you?
The price of 040s is making them attractive now. Although i'm sure that will soon change.
mrbombermillzy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:56 am I don't suppose you have any idea if this would work on the Checkmate 1500 Rob Cranley designed A500>ZorroII adapter (single slot, no autoconfig):
@Daedalus tells me that the board has 2 x Zorro slots and a mirror of the A500 slot. So it will kinda go boom if you try plugging in a A2000 cpu card. A simple adaptor may be possible but i'm not supporting it on the A500. But if someone were to get it running on the A500 doing it in an external chassis would be the correct approach.
———

Return to “TF360”