TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

lilwashu

Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!

Post by lilwashu »

lilwashu wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:50 am Another couple of observations having been playing a few games via WHDLoad on the TF1260/1000 firmware on Rev1 060 @ 50Mhz in case they are useful - compared to running on Blizzard 1230 @ 50Mhz:

Super Street Fighter 2 AGA - Intro animation very slow, quite a lot of slowdown in game when jumping around;
Elite 2.0 - Very slow launch sequence/map navigation graphics, sound runs at normal speed.
Been doing some more gaming this weekend and found that using CHIPNOCACHE WHDLoad tooltype fixes the speed in Elite, Speedball 2 CD32 and the gameplay of Super Streetfighter 2 AGA (intro is still slow).
rabidgerry

Post by rabidgerry »

Aardvark82 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:36 am
rabidgerry wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:31 am However I haven't needed to overclock in a while and as of last week I can't change to any speed with out a freeze or a crash and reboot.

I used to get 100mhz stable for hours but not done that in well over a month. So been running at stock 50mhz for a good while.
Have you tried without EHIDE? For me it freezes the machine at 100mhz.
I know I originally began without using ehide and that was probably during the times of stability and speed switching, but I can't remember now if it worked stable or not now since I stuck it into a custom rom.

This is just an update on things, but for some reason after may be 3-4 attempts of changing the speed, then crashes, then reboots I have managed to get the speed to 100 and remain there stably for hours. Also at 84 for a bit. Basically it would start to allow me to change speeds again to those known to be working speeds I had before. I do not know why this is. This is whilst using on my Classic WB 3.1 install (my oldest version) but from I last checked, a newer install I have of Classic WB3.1 ADV I could not switch the speed. So dunno what to make of that really.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

rabidgerry wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 am This is just an update on things, but for some reason after may be 3-4 attempts of changing the speed, then crashes, then reboots I have managed to get the speed to 100 and remain there stably for hours. Also at 84 for a bit. Basically it would start to allow me to change speeds again to those known to be working speeds I had before. I do not know why this is. This is whilst using on my Classic WB 3.1 install (my oldest version) but from I last checked, a newer install I have of Classic WB3.1 ADV I could not switch the speed. So dunno what to make of that really.
Try this set of tools. I've been working on them recently and they are more reliable at switching..
tftools_2022_06_24.zip
(32.79 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
rabidgerry

Post by rabidgerry »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:38 pm Try this set of tools. I've been working on them recently and they are more reliable at switching..

tftools_2022_06_24.zip

Oh excellent stuff terriblefire, I'll give those a bash and see what happens! Thanks for this.
Aardvark82

Post by Aardvark82 »

I think Beta&Alpha FW has some bug related to WHDLoad's usage of MMU.
Lot of slaves are either slow or unstable unless NoMMU WHDLoad option is set, and I don't recall having to do that with the original firmware.

Super Stardust is a game I can say with certainty was running fine on the original FW with MMU enabled. With Beta&Alpha FW the game is very glitchy with MMU, with NoMMU it's better, but not glitch free like it was on the original FW with MMU.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I'm not seeing any glitches.

———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Aardvark82

Post by Aardvark82 »

Huh, must be something wrong with my system then.

Video with MMU enabled: Main menu music is desynced, tunnel section has slowdowns and ends prematurely, lots blinking in asteroids sections.

NoMMU video: Main menu music still desync, but tunnel section runs normally, more graphical glitches in asteroids sections.

lilwashu

Post by lilwashu »

Aardvark82 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:27 pm Huh, must be something wrong with my system then.

Video with MMU enabled: Main menu music is desynced, tunnel section has slowdowns and ends prematurely, lots blinking in asteroids sections.

NoMMU video: Main menu music still desync, but tunnel section runs normally, more graphical glitches in asteroids sections.
Can confirm I see the same issues on my system (1D4, Alpha firmware). CHIPNOCACHE tooltype also fixes the performance issues in the tunnel sequence for me but the other issues remain.
Aardvark82

Post by Aardvark82 »

These games&demos shows regression in performance on alpha for me:
Chaos Engine AGA (Not CD32)
Charlie J. Cool AGA
Nexus 7
Nop
Numb
Origin
Pee Wee
Planet M

I made a video comparison of them between alpha and original firmware.

Each of them were WHDLoad patched versions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Aardvark82 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:43 am These games&demos shows regression in performance on alpha for me:
Chaos Engine AGA (Not CD32)
Charlie J. Cool AGA
Nexus 7
Nop
Numb
Origin
Pee Wee
Planet M

I made a video comparison of them between alpha and original firmware.

Each of them were WHDLoad patched versions.
At least some of these have the same issues with the Blizzard 1260. If thats the case they wont be fixed by future updates. Be interesting if someone could confirm though
———

Return to “TF360”