TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Cego

Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!

Post by Cego »

trixster wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:18 am And the all important AmiQuake Timedemo demo1 score is 17.3fps.

The fastest I ever saw for a Blizzard 1260 80mhz is 16.3fps, so TF1260 takes the crown easily!
interesting! i only get 14,72FPS with the clickboom port. Didn't know that the AmiQuake port was faster. What settings did you use?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Cego wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:27 am interesting! i only get 14,72FPS with the clickboom port. Didn't know that the AmiQuake port was faster. What settings did you use?
Dont get too off topic asking about game settings... :D
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Cego

Post by Cego »

Does anybody have data about the CPLD temperatures at the different clock speeds?

I was also wondering if there's a temperature monitoring/sensor feature on the TF1260.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Cego wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:34 am Does anybody have data about the CPLD temperatures at the different clock speeds?

I was also wondering if there's a temperature monitoring/sensor feature on the TF1260.
Bus CPLD gets hot for me. I am working on that.

For temperature monitoring I recommend the Solas board from @Daedalus. The TF1260 brings out the THERM pins and Rob did some work calibrating the temp curves of the different CPU revisions.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
voscoboss

Post by voscoboss »

Nice holiday present and great to see that it runs well for some, even at high speeds!

I tried the alpha myself. Amiga doesn't boot up at all with the alpha flashed. Flashing itself worked fine with 0 errors. Tried reseating the card a couple of times making sure there's proper contact. Tried diagrom EPROM instead of the EEPROMs I normally use. Reverting back to the previous beta, it works fine. Board is a reAmiga 1.5. I don't have any other A1200's to test the card with.

For now I guess I'll be running the beta. Let me know if any further info or testing is wanted!
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Many thanks big man, yer a genius!!

If i pop up, can you flash my card again? efter the New Year that is, i think you have earned a good rest. :)

Legend

:yay:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't ken, I've seen motors on fire, on the shoulder near Kinryan, I have watched vejazels glitter in the dark, at the black Trongate, awe these moments, will be lost in time, like beers ... when I'm hame. Time to fry"
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

voscoboss wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:11 am Nice holiday present and great to see that it runs well for some, even at high speeds!

I tried the alpha myself. Amiga doesn't boot up at all with the alpha flashed. Flashing itself worked fine with 0 errors. Tried reseating the card a couple of times making sure there's proper contact. Tried diagrom EPROM instead of the EEPROMs I normally use. Reverting back to the previous beta, it works fine. Board is a reAmiga 1.5. I don't have any other A1200's to test the card with.

For now I guess I'll be running the beta. Let me know if any further info or testing is wanted!
Ah thats a shame. We had a group of 8 of us testing all the boards we could get our hands on. There were several ReAmiga's in that pile

The only thing i can think of is that I am now using pins between the CPLDs i wasnt before. Quick check if your card has the logo or not?
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Duncan wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:14 am Many thanks big man, yer a genius!!

If i pop up, can you flash my card again? efter the New Year that is, i think you have earned a good rest. :)

Legend

:yay:
Aye nae bother big man. You know where i am.
———
voscoboss

Post by voscoboss »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:18 am Ah thats a shame. We had a group of 8 of us testing all the boards we could get our hands on. There were several ReAmiga's in that pile

The only thing i can think of is that I am now using pins between the CPLDs i wasnt before. Quick check if your card has the logo or not?
It does have the logo (see attachment). Card was built by @chucky

IMG_7133.JPEG
IMG_7133.JPEG (268.36 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I was reviewing the schematics... Its possible (not absolutely sure) that your card would work on old firmware but not this one if the highlighted pin was shorted somehow.

BUSCPLD.png
BUSCPLD.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 2491 times
RAMCPLD.png
RAMCPLD.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2491 times

This might not be the issue but its worth quick look
———

Return to “TF360”