As discussed in the other thread "exxos - IDE interface (untested)"
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =90#p18484
We are looking for a few BETA testers to help run these DEV boards through their paces and help us to make this a more solid product for the final version.
As mentioned by exxos we have a small number of these boards so this BETA program is limited. In addition if you have an Atmel programmer to program the ATF150xxx series, this will help with any firmware changes that may be required to debug the boards. Although we can initially send out pre-programmed chips.
We are looking for help in testing these boards out with different drivers, CF cards, SD cards and various other IDE devices. This will help us to build a list up of what works and what doesn't and improve. Another area for testing is how these cards work on a wider range of ST's and in the wild with other devices connected to these machines.
WHAT THIS DEV BOARD DOES OR DOESN'T DO
- Its not a rocket ship. Its an development IDE board
- It has a ROM socket to switch between TOS206 and TOS104
- It currently works with later versions of HDDriver 10.xx (these are the ones we have tested)
- It does have a pin out to use on the keyboard floppy LED to show activity
- It works with CF adaptors, SD adaptors and old brick IDE HDD's
- It doesn't work with some CF cards - we would like to build a list of these
- It requires a jumper wire to the ACSI port Pin 10
- It will require you to provide the relevant IDE cables from 40 pin to 44 pin etc
PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE ST-IDE-ROM DEV BOARD V1 BETA TESTING
- Forgottenmyname - now known as PhilC
(Post below if anyone else is interested, sorry if we missed anyone on the old thread - please do so again below if your name is not on the list)
We will update this thread shortly on the parts required, connecting the IDE cable with power and how to patch one small bug on the board (well we did say it was DEV and it was my first full-on board effort in Eagle - thanks to some guidance from exxos). What we have ascertained in the design though is that where exxos misses pull-ups on the STF Remake Alpha, I am always missing chip power lines. At least between us we cover off both those areas