TF1260 IDE weirdness

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

supaduper

Re: TF1260 IDE weirdness

Post by supaduper »

I use PFS3-aio on all my CF's and I have never had a problem and works fine on the TF1260 IDE port
just for ref, my settings for the partitions are:

Mask: 0x7ffffffe
Max Trans: 0x1fe00

regarding the Block size mine is 512k but with PFS3-aio it is automatically set to 1024k internally anyway

And I never use SFS now :)
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:42 pm
hamsterbasher wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:22 am Also, seller said that I can check the TF1260 firmware version by using cpuspeed but I don't see how you can see that. The help only shows options related to speed setting, nothing for status. If I look in ShowConfig it shows a serial number for the board as 999 so I assume that is the firmware but curious if there is a way to tell using cpuspeed.
CPUSpeed also prints out the serial number.
OK so when I run cpuspeed it outputs like this..

1.Workbench:> cpuspeed
TerribleFire Cpu Speed Tool
(C) 2019 S.J.Leary
TF360/TF1260 Clock Control Device Found
CPU Speed: 50.00 MHZ
Clock Phase: 1

Do I have the wrong version of cpuspeed?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The seller should have given you the version of cpu speed to match your firmware. That’s an old version
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

supaduper wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:39 pm I use PFS3-aio on all my CF`s and I have never had a problem and works fine on the TF1260 IDe port
just for ref, my settings for the partitions are:

Mask: 0x7ffffffe
Max Trans: 0x1fe00

regarding the Block size mine is 512k but with PFS3-aio it is automatically set to 1024k internally anyway

And I never use SFS now :)
I was also told that buffers is very important for PFS3 based on the size of the partition. Any recommendations for buffer size?

I will take a new CF tonight and set it all up with only PFS3 and see if it makes a difference.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

You have plenty of ram so try 300

Also PFS3 identifier is 0x50465303

make sure you use PFS3-aio, the latest version 19.2
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

supaduper wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:55 pm You have plenty of ram so try 300

Also PFS3 identifier is 0x50465303

make sure you use PFS3-aio, the latest version 19.2
Configured two CF cards last night. Both with PFS3-aio v19.2, buffers 300, block size 1K and workbench 3.2 + some test games with WHDLOAD. Test results below.

Kickstart 3.2 (no EHIDE) - use loadmodule to load ehide.device
----------------------------------
Just mobo IDE connected. => No issues. All test games loaded
With mobo IDE and TF1260 IDE connected. => Games Freezes.

Kickstart 3.2.1 (EHIDE preloaded)
----------------------------------
Just mobo IDE connected. => No issues. All test games loaded
With mobo IDE and TF1260 IDE connected. => Boots workbench but games freeze.
TF1260 IDE connected only. => Boots workbench but games freeze.

Only change I can see compared to SFS is that formatting a partition in PFS does not hang or reboot the machine like it did with SFS. Other than that the issues are identical and this is leading me to think the issue is not ehide or file system related but something up with my card. I assume the Bus CPLD probably handles the Enhanced IDE functionality so wondering if there is something wrong there. Could a flashing issue maybe be causing this?

Wondering if it makes sense to just go and buy a FDTI cable and just reflash the card.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

hamsterbasher wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:29 pm Other than that the issues are identical and this is leading me to think the issue is not ehide or file system related but something up with my card. I assume the Bus CPLD probably handles the Enhanced IDE functionality so wondering if there is something wrong there.
As someone who has built over 150 of these cards, I do think there is a hardware issue with your board. I would suggest you return it to your builder for a verified-working replacement.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Yeah as Alen says send back to the Seller and get a replacement, I have done about 150 too will agree it seems a hardware problem.
if you are in the UK then you can send to me to test for you if you want, just mail me
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

hamsterbasher wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:29 pm Wondering if it makes sense to just go and buy a FDTI cable and just reflash the card.
Not really. What were you going to flash it to?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

Seller stated it was on 999 and updated cpuspeed has confirmed that. Reading through the alpha 1000 readme it mentions that IDE speed was improved so that may be worth a shot but originally, I was thinking of just re-flashing 999 on there to see if it makes any difference. Definitely a desperate measure but seller technical support has dried up as I think they are out of ideas and the idea of blowing $40+ to send the board back to them in Spain is not appealing right now. Logn story but Spanish mail is cursed for me.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”