Spectre 128

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
UnderTheRain

Spectre 128

Post by UnderTheRain »

Hi

I have one of these cartridges but it has no IC's in it now there are 3 IC sockets 2 for roms and 1 other does anyone know what goes in the other?

I have managed to find blank eproms on ebay and ROMs online that should work but I have no idea what the other IC is?

I know of another spectre 128 for sale but don't I don't really want to buy another

Thanks

UTR
stephen_usher

Re: Spectre 128

Post by stephen_usher »

I'm not sure if it will help, but here's the schematic for the Spectre GCR: https://www.gossuin.be/images/schemasat ... re-GCR.pdf
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Ah thank you, that's for the GCR the one that came out after the one I have which is the 128 I think a lot of the extra circuitry is for the floppy pass through which the 128 doesn't have.

It's either going to be a 74 series logic chip or a pal I would think. I found someone selling one but I doubt they will pop the lid off and take a picture for me lol

Brian

*edit* I have just asked them for the photo though :D
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

The extra chip is an sn74ls08n 🙂

The original ROMs are 23512's 27512 look on will confirm later

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”