Dual TOS erasable chips

Atari ST clone / replica / remake Project. Lets create a awesome new ST! Fix all the bugs and add more cool stuff!
Badwolf

Re: Dual TOS erasable chips

Post by Badwolf »

ijor wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm On a related note. I understand that nobody makes flashable ST carts, right? I mean an ST cartridge based on flash ROM that can be written by software without even removing the cart.

Am I the only one that would like such product?
One of my early boards was a flashable cartridge. It was to be programmed by Arduino & shift registers. I moved on to DFB1 and left it behind before I'd got the bugs out.

If I were to do it now it'd be jumper/dip-switch based and try for the read/write approach.

If CPLDs were still under a fiver, it'd be a fairly trivial design.

72a9adf50dd81b24bc5db427df062f70.png
72a9adf50dd81b24bc5db427df062f70.png (66.73 KiB) Viewed 620 times

BTW, on the original subject in question, I did a video a couple of weeks back about exactly this subject: dualtos with HN27C4096s:

Cheers,

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
ijor

Re: Dual TOS erasable chips

Post by ijor »

Badwolf wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:28 pm One of my early boards was a flashable cartridge. It was to be programmed by Arduino & shift registers. I moved on to DFB1 and left it behind before I'd got the bugs out.

If I were to do it now it'd be jumper/dip-switch based and try for the read/write approach.
If CPLDs were still under a fiver, it'd be a fairly trivial design.
I am hearing that we might not be that far from the end of the chip shortage. If you come back to this and are looking for a buyer or tester, let me know :)
BTW, on the original subject in question, I did a video a couple of weeks back about exactly this subject: dualtos with HN27C4096s:
Thanks for the video!
http://github.com/ijor/fx68k 68000 cycle exact FPGA core
FX CAST Cycle Accurate Atari ST core
http://pasti.fxatari.com

Return to “ATARI ST REMAKE PROJECT”