Falcon Fun.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
stephen_usher

Re: Falcon Fun.

Post by stephen_usher »

Did a little bit of work on the VGA cable once the Sun went down and temperatures were low enough in the room. Soldered the extension wires to the R, G and B coax, along with the H-Sync and strengthened using heat shrink. Tomorrow I'll fit the ground wires to the screen bundles and maybe even try fitting everything to the plug.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I really want to get at least one video cable out of the way now as using the RF output is annoying. I wish the heatwave would wave away! :-)
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I finally got the VGA cable done, though the brain sapping heat didn't help as I couldn't even count the correct number of pins to get the H-Sync and V-Sync correct.

Anyway, it works and it allowed me to plug it into the OSSC and hence capture a video via OBS on the PC. (Slight glitching of the video every now and againfor some reason.)

Anyway, this demonstrates the sound from the DSP (Ace Tracker) is crackle-free:

stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

viking272 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 pm
stephen_usher wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:13 pm Seeing as there are currently no (CPU) clock issues I'll leave the clock patch for another time I think. I realise that if/when chips' tolerances drift over time I may have to go back and revisit this as the timings are on the edge.
I'm not sure if you tested New Beat's JOY demo at all? This seems to be quite a good test for clock patch requirement!
http://newbeat.atari.org/main.php?page=productions
I've just tried the Joy demo and it plays perfectly.
viking272

Post by viking272 »

Hi Stephen, i was going to ask how the updates went but I saw your mint Falcon at the inaugural Cyber Legends in Hythe, in Sept 2022.
Did you complete any other updates since your last post.
Jealous of your Falcons timing stability too! :)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I've not got around to trying the Badwolf accelerator yet, so no news. :-)

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”