The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
mrbombermillzy

Re: The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Post by mrbombermillzy »

exxos wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:26 pm Now I want a gammon with egg, fries and pineapple :lol:
Come on down to the retro event. I'm sure I can knock something up on the day! :lol:

Yeah, seriously though, I think it's the modern business model; cram in as many people as possible. How is that enjoyable?

People STILL go though (In their droves, as you also noticed).

That brings me onto another rant....

So, I go to the cinema. It's an 'open seat' one, so you basically pay and sit where you like.

I go somewhere out of the way with the missus; we generally are one of the first in there, as she likes to 'settle in'.

Anyway, we always get someone come in on a 99% empty cinema and sit literally right on top of us! I mean, whats that about?! Why?!?

*end of rant*
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:47 pm I go somewhere out of the way with the missus; we generally are one of the first in there, as she likes to 'settle in'.

Anyway, we allways get someone come in on a 99% empty cinema and sit literally right on top of us! I mean, whats that about?! Why?!?

*end of rant*
Rant ? You gotta fill at least 2 pages for a rant :lol:

Same problem in carparks. I park out of the way . Some clown will always park right next to me. Like seriously ?! Then I have to move so girlfriend can open the door to get in as they left basically no space between cars :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

exxos wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:54 pm
Rant ? You gotta fill at least 2 pages for a rant :lol:

:lol: Yeah, that was the 'abridged' version.
exxos wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:54 pm Same problem in carparks. I park out of the way . Some clown will always park right next to me. Like seriously ?! Then I have to move so girlfriend can open the door to get in as they left basically no space between cars :roll:
Must be a 'syndrome'...maybe 'pack herd' syndrome? :lol:
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:02 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm I totally get that. It's more common for women to be like me. I get it from my mother.
I don't like sitting next to people. Unless its a hot chick, then that's OK :lol:
I can't even deal with that now. Just feel like the biggest loser in the world.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:07 pm I can't even deal with that now. Just feel like the biggest loser in the world.
My girlfriend says the same. Thing is, these sorts of "quirks" are a lot more common than you think. Take it from someone who has spent a great deal of their life pointless talking to people :lol:

One girl I met up with on a date once would not go out anywhere. Fair enough. I don't particularly like going anywhere either. Turns out she even does her shopping in the middle of the night to avoid crowds and people in general, she actually worked at at a hospital. Still trying to figure that one out. :lol: :roll:

My father was a bit of a old chap as well. Like me, works in the public sector meeting people all the time. But because I wanted to try out one of my power amplifiers back in the day, and we had a friend who needed a "DJ" , I set that stuff up. My father sat behind the curtains on stage the entire time avoiding everyone. Pretty much like I did :lol:

Of course that was funny in itself because there was some teenagers there who wanted to play Bon Jovi for hours. It was actually a birthday party with a lot of people there , so basic I was playing 60s music all the time. I finally caved in and put Bon Jovi on, the teenagers walked out halfway through the song which was pointless, but the funny thing was, most of the old people also walked out as well :lol: :lol: So we were sat on stage basically playing music to like 8 people after that. After about a hour, I thought, screw this, it I'm going home now :lol:

Sounds like you got caught out with a whole train thing anyway. Same happens to me. Just look at all the rants I have had over roadworks and diversions over the years. I think pretty much everyone else always seems to be able to follow the diversions but more recently I think half the people on the road don't get anything either. I get frustrated as hell as I end up going around in circles for over a hour. I think mostly when the diversions they turn right, they actually mean turn left. And when they say straight on, they actually mean turn left. Probably taken me 25 years to translate what the signs really mean. Problem is is when the signs disappear altogether and you are sad that a T-junction trying to work out if you are supposed to turn left or right.

I think it always seems like life is trying to batter you down. Myself my mother constantly say we think we are cursed with all the crap we end up going through each day.

Take today for example. I have to go to the dentist and a couple of hours because I needed a filling. But to add another tooth this morning and there is a chunk missing out of it. So double trouble, but I suppose the good thing is I'm going to the dentist later anyway.

To add to the confusion my van has its MOT at the same time today. I hate that someone I don't know as the power to say I cannot drive my van because of some stupid rule.. Don't get me started on MOT tests :lol: but my van is spluttering like mad I think because of bad diesel. So will it actually pass or not because if the injectors happen to stick open it will puff out smoke and fail the emissions tests. The only solution that will be to totally drink diesel out of my tank where I put £120 in there. And go to a different petrol station to fill up. Always some pending chaos and stress going on.

In any case, I really would not beat yourself about things. At the end of the day you dealt with multiple problems and got home safely. While the day was certainly a crap one. You can also look at it that you came out victorious by conquering everything which was thrown at you. So was it really that bad of a day...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

I'll have a computer again later today and can respond properly.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
Cosmic Puppet

Thought I'd make everyone feel small.

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

:lol:
main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb.jpg
main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb.jpg (297.8 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Screenshot 2022-07-13 131908.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-13 131908.jpg (151.81 KiB) Viewed 945 times

Programme on tomorrow:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00197px
derkom

Re: Thought I'd make everyone feel small.

Post by derkom »

I have really been enjoying the first Webb images. If these are just the first five, try to imagine what we'll be seeing over the next 20 years!

To put things in a little bit of perspective, here's the Carina Nebula as seen by Hubble Space Telescope, which was already an awesome image:

FXecnp2XkAE4Rs5.jpg
FXecnp2XkAE4Rs5.jpg (219.18 KiB) Viewed 937 times

And here's the same thing as seen by Webb:

STScI-01G7ETQTCAQ2HBGGHTYCQ53FGG.jpg
STScI-01G7ETQTCAQ2HBGGHTYCQ53FGG.jpg (253.59 KiB) Viewed 937 times

Absolutely mindblowing. We're in for some amazing science in the coming years. If this is what they can do basically on day one, think how good this tool is going to be once they get good at using it!
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Man, I'm really hoping they redo Hubble's 50-light-year wide Corina Nebula using The James Webb!
Cosmic Puppet

I may be immature, but still laughing.

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”