The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Cosmic Puppet

Re: The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:43 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 am Sorry @exxos and everyone. I had a meltdown after a bad day and deleted my YouTube channels. It's obviously broken a lot of posts. Not sure how to proceed and what to do with this feed. If you delete it, it will free up server space.

Tony.
Don't beat yourself up, these things happen. At the end of the day, nobody was hurt, and if you still have the content, you can always re-upload, or even remake if not.

The main thing is that you take care of you first and foremost.

Take care

Jon

Thanks Jon appreciate it.

I saw a post about the Internet i have a few things to say about when I get back.

Tony.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:46 pm

I saw a post about the Internet i have a few things to say about when I get back.

Tony.
Don't rush if it will compromise your health.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:50 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Tony.
Yeah, that's why I've just done nothing.

Even changed my mobile number in the blowout.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:53 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:50 pm

That's not so good, but I can understand how your travel troubles may have been a trigger.

Rest up and be well.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:53 pm

That's not so good, but I can understand how your travel troubles may have been a trigger.

Rest up and be well.
I'm now calling it Trauma Travel.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm It's like right now. Have to stand up on the train for an hour if I don't want to sit next to a stranger.
My gilfriend is the same. She doesn't like sitting next to people on the bus so puts her bags next to her. Then people shake their heads tutting at her her as she's taken 2 seats. Same problem with people, they can't process more than the thought of "she's in the way". They don't consider she has mental health issues and even being on the bus is a big deal for her.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:39 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm It's like right now. Have to stand up on the train for an hour if I don't want to sit next to a stranger.
My gilfriend is the same. She doesn't like sitting next to people on the bus so puts her bags next to her. Then people shake their heads tutting at her her as she's taken 2 seats. Same problem with people, they can't process more than the thought of "she's in the way". They don't consider she has mental health issues and even being on the bus is a big deal for her.
I totally get that. It's more common for women to be like me. I get it from my mother.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm I totally get that. It's more common for women to be like me. I get it from my mother.
I don't like sitting next to people. Unless its a hot chick, then that's OK :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

I must admit, on the rare occasion that I have had to use the train, it's always felt like a caged chicken farm.

On one occasion, I couldn't even move my arms at all, as there was physically no free space.

I always think to myself 'why do people put up with this nightmare?' and 'isn't this illegal/some sort of fire hazard?'

I guessed that other people didn't mind it and it was just me.

So I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. Same with buses and planes.

I don't even enjoy going into town to a restaurant anymore, as you are invariably sat under someone else's armpit because the tables are so goddam close.

The worst are those 'food factory' or all-you-can-eat buffet places.

The one in Southampton...'World Cuisine' I think?? There was lots of choice, but seating was VERY cosy. I managed to get through the meal, then chose a pudding and came back to my seat.

I was about to tuck into some nice looking eclairs/cream cake, when the woman sat next to me (closer than I would even feel comfortable with on a first date with someone. It was literally, smell my sweat closeness) slaps down a plate of seafood. I was almost sick.

Suffice to say, I left the pudding and walked out in a mix of disgust and feeling green and ready to barf.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:18 pm Suffice to say, I left the pudding and walked out in a mix of disgust and feeling green and ready to barf.
That sux :( I only get as far as mcds drive through these days. Everywhere just cramped. People just in the way. Tables not cleared or cleaned. Normally kids and pushchairs all over the place. Normally screaming.

Years ago I used to like going to places. Sometimes go out with a guy from work when it was quiet. Though one place I used to goto with my ex was nice, until it changed hands and they buggered the layout up making it hard to get to your table. Also tried to make it more posh by making an appointment , to which nobody was ever about to show you to your table. Gave up in the end.

Pizzahut was nice at times. But all you can eat was just kids in the way all the time.then people keep pestering you as they were sucking up for tips all the time. Just had enough in the end .

Was a span of supermarket restaurants. Just was expensive for what food you got. Thing is, its where they offloaded all the out of date food to and charged 5x more for it!! Unbelievable.

Now I want a gammon with egg, fries and pineapple :lol:

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”