Building a DIY large bed 3D printer

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Building a DIY large bed 3D printer

Post by Icky »

The Giant Panda has been having another upgrade over the holidays and am just finalising the wiring after going a little crazy on the neatness of the wires. Am still seeing areas where it should be tidier. Once I have recalibrated, can get back to printing the next areas of the case that have been adjusted.

IMG_6160.jpeg
IMG_6160.jpeg (361.37 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
rmahlert

Post by rmahlert »

Looking good Icky!

I haven't had the time until recently to get back to building my DIY printer. Need to finish the y plate and then I can start printing the pieces to finish. Then my plan is to build a Voron or hypercube reusing as much as possible.

Like you, locating it is going to be fun. I built a small 8x10 office in the basement.. no room after the wife decided to use it also!

Rob
Rob
-----------------------------------------------
Falcon CT60, TT030, Mega STE, 1040 ST
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

The Giant Panda is feeling a little blue today. LED lighting installed :)

IMG_6181.jpeg
IMG_6181.jpeg (142.93 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Sterilisation chamber :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:07 am Sterilisation chamber :thumbup:
With that comment @exxos the following must be a furnace

IMG_6179.jpeg
IMG_6179.jpeg (124.06 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

It's RGB lighting! Does it print faster now?
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

DaveC wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:00 am It's RGB lighting! Does it print faster now?
Indeed @DaveC. Just like go faster stripes for cars ;)

I put in the lighting as the chamber was actually pretty dark with the smoked panels. I have a few more upgrades to do today. The belts have been pretty poor and am now moving over to gates powergrip belts.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

rmahlert wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm Like you, locating it is going to be fun. I built a small 8x10 office in the basement.. no room after the wife decided to use it also!
Always the way @rmahlert. Just when you think you have carved out a small space in the world it gets taken over.
william5

Post by william5 »

Icky wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:04 pm Yet another project hits my list. I have started looking at building a DIY 3D printer to be able to print a full sized ST Case we have been working on. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=224&p=24341#p24793

The current build area for my project is 550mm x 350mm x 250mm to be able to print a whole case section, as well as not to be too big to fit in the house :), and the printer is based on the Voron 2.1 http://vorondesign.com/voron2.1

Partly this is for the fun of building my own 3D printer but at the same time help the STFM case project along. You can get more info on how I intend to build this bed as I continue to post updates here.

I have ordered several parts already and will update on the build here.
Wow, that sounds like an awesome project! It's really cool that you're taking the time to build your own 3D printer to help out with the STFM case project. I'm sure it will turn out great!

Do you have a build log or any updates that you can share so far? It would be really interesting to follow along and see the progress you make! Good luck with the build!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

william5 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:20 pm Wow, that sounds like an awesome project! It's really cool that you're taking the time to build your own 3D printer to help out with the STFM case project. I'm sure it will turn out great!

Do you have a build log or any updates that you can share so far? It would be really interesting to follow along and see the progress you make! Good luck with the build!
No build logs other than the two threads here on the print and the case. Latest printer updates are in the post as I am upgrading a few printed parts for light weight aluminium parts.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”