Conic Electronic Soccer - Hand Held Game

Show us your vintage gear. Be it audio hardware repair, handheld / board electronic games, to synth restoration. Start your own blog etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Conic Electronic Soccer - Hand Held Game

Post by Icky »

Well I started to reminisce about my childhood over these last six months and the electronic games be them board type games or hand held. I ended up going down a path of hunting some of the ones I had and also some that friends had back in the day. I have quite a few to post as separate blogs here but and starting with Conics' Hand Held Electronic Soccer. I had this game when I was about 14 / 15 years old so quite some time ago. I remember playing this a lot and trying to build up the skill to score goals.

IMG_3610.jpeg
IMG_3610.jpeg (311.07 KiB) Viewed 257 times

I one I got hold of has the original box

IMG_3607.jpeg
IMG_3607.jpeg (392.14 KiB) Viewed 257 times
IMG_3608.jpeg
IMG_3608.jpeg (310.27 KiB) Viewed 257 times

And manual

IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg (111.6 KiB) Viewed 257 times
IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3611.jpeg (124.91 KiB) Viewed 257 times
stephen_usher

Re: Conic Electronic Soccer - Hand Held Game

Post by stephen_usher »

These early hand held games are quite interesting... just LED or plasma displays with fixed shapes.

I never had any myself as they were too expensive.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Very cool, I do like these sort of thing.

When I was young there were a lot of these things about, and also things like Space Invaders with electroflourescent displays and also the electromechanical games that Tomy used to make.

I never did like the LCD games so much though, the ones with the pre-drawn images, such as the Game N Watch.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm When I was young there were a lot of these things about, and also things like Space Invaders with electroflourescent displays and also the electromechanical games that Tomy used to make.
I had one of those Tomy games, licensed by Palitoy, "Demon Driver".

I agree about the LCD things.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:14 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm When I was young there were a lot of these things about, and also things like Space Invaders with electroflourescent displays and also the electromechanical games that Tomy used to make.
I had one of those Tomy games, licensed by Palitoy, "Demon Driver".

I agree about the LCD things.
Demon Driver, that's the one. Pretty mad setup inside that's for sure.
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm Very cool, I do like these sort of thing.

When I was young there were a lot of these things about, and also things like Space Invaders with electroflourescent displays and also the electromechanical games that Tomy used to make.

I never did like the LCD games so much though, the ones with the pre-drawn images, such as the Game N Watch.
Watch this space, there is a Space Invader blog incoming.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:42 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm Very cool, I do like these sort of thing.

Watch this space, there is a Space Invader blog incoming.
I'll be watching!
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

A friend of mine used to have astrowars. Might have to see if I can find one as we spent hours playing that
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “VINTAGE GEAR ZONE”