Scummvm-lite

The place to ask all those likely daft questions!
PeteW

Scummvm-lite

Post by PeteW »

Hi all this is probably a really stupid question, but everywhere I look on the subject seems to assume a basic level of understanding of the topic, which I don't have.

I've become aware recently that there is a version of scummvm available that will allow me to play point and click adventures on my ST that weren't originally available (Monkey Island 2, Fate of Atlantis, probably others)

My machine is a stock STFM except for a 4mb ram upgrade. I believe I'll need a hard drive, but that's fine I've wanted an excuse to buy one for a while.

Questions I have are:
Is scummvm-lite a real working thing?
Where do I go to get the games?
Do they support midi? (I've wanted an excuse to get an mt32 clone for a while)
Am I right in saying it needs a hard drive?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the pretty basic questions
Cheers
Pete
Steve

Re: Scummvm-lite

Post by Steve »

All the answers to your questions you will find on the Scumm-ST homepage:

http://www.happydaze.se/scummvm-lite-atari/
DoG

Post by DoG »

It is a real thing, works with midi and you will need HDD. A video I did when I tested scumm-vm lite:

PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks guys that's exactly the info I was after. And a great excuse to buy an mt-32 pi and an ultra Satan!

Is the mt-32 pi the best thing to look to buy for midi? Recommendations welcome
miggymog

Post by miggymog »

Nice, I didn't realise someone had made repro mv16's.
stween

Post by stween »

Yeah I put mt32-pi on a spare rpi I had lying around here, with a USB MIDI interface. It works pretty well, all in all; obviously you end up with two audio feeds to combine.

A capture from a slightly older version of scummvm-lite:

I actually finally got around to a proper Monkey Island playthrough recently and landed on a bug: the swordfight scenes don't render. I pinged Anders and reported the bug; he saw the same and says that it plays okay with the CDROM version minus the "ultimate talkie" patches. I just haven't got around to making that work here just yet! So you might find an occasional glitch, but I still think this is a great project.

Return to “NOOB QUESTIONS”