mouse/joystick switcher

The place to ask all those likely daft questions!
thesofa

mouse/joystick switcher

Post by thesofa »

Does anyone know of an automatic Mouse Joystick switch for Atari ST machines?I found this on Ebay but I dont know if it will work on an ST
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111438138888
TT030 with Storm with 256 Mb Ram, Thunder with a CF drive and Lightning, HxC floppy emulator and one of Codekiller's magical Mono/Colour switchers, also 3 STS one has TOS1.0 AND 2.06 switchable with an HD drive, the other two are untested as yet, just bought for spares!!
Darklord

Re: mouse/joystick switcher

Post by Darklord »

Back in the day there was a Pyramid Mouse switcher.

Here's an example of what it looks like on Ebay-GB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124171648546

HTH's...
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
DoG

Post by DoG »

thesofa

Post by thesofa »

DoG wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:04 am I made one 1,5 years ago.
I don't suppose you have a spare one lying around?
TT030 with Storm with 256 Mb Ram, Thunder with a CF drive and Lightning, HxC floppy emulator and one of Codekiller's magical Mono/Colour switchers, also 3 STS one has TOS1.0 AND 2.06 switchable with an HD drive, the other two are untested as yet, just bought for spares!!
DoG

Post by DoG »

thesofa wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:12 am I don't suppose you have a spare one lying around?
I surly have PCB left and case as well. I can solder one up for you and fit it in a case during Christmas holidays or do you want to do it all yourself?
thesofa

Post by thesofa »

I would love it if you could do it for me please, what cost are we talking about?
DoG

Post by DoG »

thesofa wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:52 pm I would love it if you could do it for me please, what cost are we talking about?
Sorry, missed to reply to this. I have to come back to you about that, but probably under 25euro. How long do you want the cord to be from the switch to your Atari? It should not be that long due to voltage drop. Mine I tested with was 65cm and worked. But I could do up to 170cm but I wouldn't recommend it.
thesofa

Post by thesofa »

where are you?
and about just long enough to fit in mouse port and stay in front of ST like a wrist rest?
Will that cost include p and p and vat?
thesofa

Post by thesofa »

Darklord wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 am Back in the day there was a Pyramid Mouse switcher.

Here's an example of what it looks like on Ebay-GB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124171648546

HTH's...
Thank you
thesofa

Post by thesofa »

thesofa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:39 pm where are you?
and aboutjust long enough to fit in mouse port and stay in front of ST like a wrist rest?
Will that cost include p and p and vat?
And is it possible to have mouse on the right and joystick from front or left?

Return to “NOOB QUESTIONS”